ICEH Alumni Network
Past students share their knowledge and skills
Our alumni network allows our skilled graduates to keep in touch and share knowledge long after they have completed their courses. We inform them about new courses, new key research and career opportunities. They in turn let us know about their own achievements and opportunities they can offer.
Roles of ICEH alumni
Our alumni help contribute to the prevention of blindness through a range of activities. Here’s what some of them are doing: World Health Organization
- Ivo Kocur, Czech Republic. WHO Geneva.
- Daniel Etya’ale, Cameroon. Was at WHO, Geneva, now Executive Director, IAPB Africa.
- Mansur Rabiu, Nigeria. Project Manager, Nigeria survey. EMRO regional office.
- Sara Varughese, India. SEARO regional office.
Postgraduate research at ICEH
- Mohammad Muhit, Bangladesh. PhD, childhood blindness.
- Wanjiku Mathenge, Kenya. PhD, posterior segment eye disease. Medical Advisor, Fred Hollows Foundation, East Africa.
- Fatima Kyari, Nigeria. Team leader for Nigeria national survey. PhD, glaucoma in progress.
- Khumbo Kalua, Malawi. PhD, childhood blindness in progress.
- Priya Morjaria, UK/Tanzania, PhD improving the efficiency and cost effectiveness of uncorrected refractive error programmes. In progress.
- Mohammed M Abdull Nigeria, PhD improve uptake of treatment in glaucoma. In progress.
Advice to international NGOs
- Xiao Baixiang, China. Advisor, Fred Hollows Foundation, China.
- Henry Nkumbe, Madagascar. CBM co-worker.
- Bo Wiafe, Ghana. Advisor, Operation Eyesight Universal.
- Colin Cook, South Africa. CBM Advisor for Africa; Head of Dept, Community Eye Health Institute, University of Cape Town.
- Babar Qureshi, Pakistan/UK. Ran MSc at PICO. Now with CBM.
- Lu Qing, China. Wei He Institute, active in Prevention of Blindness.
- GVS Murthy, India. Dean, Institute of Public Health, Public Health Foundation India, Hyderabad and Professor, ICEH.
The annual ICEH Alumni Workshop offers recent graduates of our MSc Public Health for Eye Care the opportunity present to an audience of staff, students, sponsors and facilitators on what they have done since finishing their course. The workshop enables ICEH staff and sponsors to provide support and advice to students, six months after the completion of their studies. It also enables collaboration with past students and promotes the development of strong professional networks for our alumni and VISION 2020.
Join the ICEH alumni network
Graduates of all ICEH courses are eligible to join the ICEH alumni network. To join the network, or update your details, please use the form below or contact the ICEH Student and Alumni Engagement Officer, Romulo Fabunan at email@example.com.
LSHTM online alumni We encourage all ICEH alumni to join a wider online community provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). ICEH has obtained special permission for graduates of our University College London (UCL) courses (run prior to 2002) to join the LSHTM online alumni. Visit the LSHTM online alumni community.
Image credit: Q & A session with Professor Allen Foster at our 2014 Alumni Workshop. Romulo Fabunan / LSHTM