WHAT IS OPEN EDUCATION?
Why is ICEH using Open Education as part of our education strategy?
January 31st, 2017 – 13.00-13.45 UTC (convert to your timezone)
Historically, ‘open education’ has involved reducing the barriers to education and making it more accessible by lowering cost and delivery at distance. Our technological age has provided new ways to expand and apply the principles of Open Education through the global sharing of knowledge and ideas on the internet.
ICEH is hosting a series of webinars over the next few months to explore some of these ideas and opportunities with eye care educators and organisations. We are delighted to invite you to our inaugural webinar: What is Open Education?
Engage and learn from ICEH’s own:
Allen Foster –
Daksha Patel –
Sally Parsley –
Want to join in? Please register now at
We look forward to you joining us on the 31st of January at 13.00!
ICEH Open Education Webinar series
- What is Open Education? Why is ICEH using it as part of our education strategy? January 31st 13.00-13.45 UTC
- Will Open Education work for educators and learners? February 23rd (TBC)
- Where to find and how to use Open courses? March 15th 13.00-13.45 UTC
- Using Open Education to support local training and capacity building April 19th 13.00-13.45 UTC
- How to create and share your own Open Education Resources May 24th 13.00-13.45 UTC
Stay informed: Sign up to the ICEH Open Education e-mail list
More information about the ICEH Open Education programme from our website: http://iceh.lshtm.ac.uk/oer/