Take our Global Blindness: Planning and Managing Eye Care Services course! If you are located in one of the ODA countries, you will qualify for a free upgrade.
You can register TODAY – Course begins: 30 October 2017
The link to enrol onto the course is: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/global-blindness
What is this course about?
This free online course in public health for eye care will:
- Introduce the magnitude and causes of visual impairment and blindness at a global level,
- Relate to key global initiatives in avoidable blindness and
- Familiarise you with practical approaches to strengthen eye health services, with an emphasis on low and middle income country settings.
The course aims to support health professionals to consider the eye health needs within their populations.
Who should do this course?
- Professionals working in eye health: ophthalmologists, optometrists, clinical officers and ophthalmic nurses, clinicians.
- Non governmental organisation staff with an interest in limited resource settings.
- Medical and optometry students to understand how public health is applied.
- Educators in eye health to explore how public health can be applied in training programmes.
The course is taught by experts involved at many different levels of eye care services – from global and academic leadership to clinical and public health experts involved at the community level.
Testimonials from participants
“ To me, the course played a very vital role as it empowered me with planning skills especially for Vision 2020 national and district planning… I have already started using the information on my daily activities as well as in planning. I would also like to thank my online colleagues for sharing the knowledge on their different settings concerning provision of ophthalmic services.” – Deborah Motsilenyane, from Botswana
“The flexibility of timings helped me to take the course while doing my work. The fact that material was available for me at my convenience, even after the end of the week was really useful.” – Shalinder Saberwal, from India, current MSc Public Health for Eye Care student.
Why not sign up as a team and study together!
More information and to register here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/global-blindness
Do you want your free Upgrade and electronic Certificate from the British Council?
For any learners who are in ODA countries, a banner (*example directly below) will appear at the top of your screen after you have enrolled to our Eliminating Trachoma or Global Blindness course.
Go through the steps and you will have unlimited access and you will receive an electronic Certificate for free!
For more information on the British Council free upgrade and free electronic certificate: https://www.futurelearn.com/study-uk