Free ICEH online course supported by supported by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, ICTC, Sightsavers, LSHTM and FutureLearn
Start Today here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/eliminating-trachoma
On Monday 2 October 2017, the International Centre for Eye Health and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine re-ran the successful free online course on Eliminating Trachoma with the help of its partners FutureLearn.
The course development has been supported by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Sightsavers and International Coalition for Trachoma Control.
The link to enrol onto the course is: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/eliminating-trachoma
Over 181 million people are at risk of trachoma in 42 countries. It occurs in some of the poorest populations with limited access to clean water, sanitation, and healthcare, and is the world’s leading infectious cause of blindness. At present, we have a unique opportunity to eliminate this disease.
- Inform and support the personnel implementing and managing trachoma programmes at a district and community level
- Provide insights from stakeholders, experts and professionals as they share successes and resolve challenges to achieve elimination of trachoma
Throughout the 5 week course we use a variety of learning tools and provide opportunities to interact and learn through conversations with peers, educators and experts from across the world. Together, we will examine:
- Results from the global trachoma mapping project to identify affected communities,
- Practical SAFE strategies for prevention and treatment at a community level,
- Key recommended steps to validate and certify successful trachoma elimination.
On completion you will have the opportunity to purchase a Certificate of Achievement.
We look forward to engaging with you on the course and please circulate the link to your networks. Again, this is a free online course so please pass this information to your colleagues and team!
Ambassadors: Participants will benefit from Ambassadors who are experts in the field of Trachoma each week. Leave comments in each of the sections and our Ambassadors will engage with you!
CLICK HERE for a helpful marketing tool to send to your colleagues on “How to join: Eliminating Trachoma”.
Social Media? Don’t forget to use the hastag: #FLtrachoma